Privacy and Data Protection
The Institutional Development Scheme (“IDS”) project team in Hong Kong Shue Yan University (“HKSYU”) (hereinafter called “the IDS Project Team”) is committed to respecting your privacy while providing you with IDS related news from the following three HKSYU IDS project websites (“IDS’s websites”):
Website of Institutional Development Scheme (“IDS website”): ids.hksyu.edu
Website of Interdisciplinary Research Platform (“IRP website”): irp.hksyu.edu
Website of Centre of Interdisciplinary Research in Evidence-Based Practice (“CEBP website”): cebp.hksyu.edu
The Policy only applies to the IDS’s websites. It does not cover other websites to which you may link via the IDS’s websites. Such other websites may contain privacy policies which are different to the Policy.
The IDS Project Team acknowledges that your personal data and other information supplied by you to us may be confidential. We will maintain the confidentiality of and protect your information in accordance with the Policy and to the extent required by the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance under the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Collection of Information
The IDS Project Team will occasionally collect Personal Data from you that will be processed for the specific purposes given at the time or for any purpose provided for in the Policy.
We collect Personal Data from you in various ways including but not limited to:
- when you register for the IDS event(s);
- when you register to become a member for using our database service;
- when you browse the IDS’s websites;when you use our online facilities and equipment booking system;
- when we request further information from time to time after your registration or log-in;
- when you make an inquiry or complaint to the IDS Project Team .
The submission of Personal Data is voluntary. However, insufficient personal data may prevent the IDS Project Team from providing a required service or answering an inquiry.
How the Personal Data is used
The IDS Project Team may use the Personal Data you provide to us solely for the following purposes:
- to process your registration of the IDS event(s);
- to provide access to restricted parts of the IDS’s websites;
- to process your online facilities and equipment booking application(s);
- to notify you of any updates of the IDS events and relevant information;
- internal purposes, including website and system administration, upgrade, identification and verification purposes;
- research, analysis and reporting for the purposes of improving our online services;
- from time to time we may provide statistics about the usage levels of the Website and other related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include information which may identify you; and
to respond and take follow-up actions on complaints, inquires or feedback.
Processing of Information
Your Personal Data may be controlled and processed by the IDS Project Team. You acknowledge and agree that the location of our office may change from time to time and that the IDS Project Team may acquire other offices, at any time, which may act as a data controller of data processor for the purpose of applicable data protection laws.
Personal data collected by the IDS Project Team through the IDS’s websites is stored and maintained in a secure and controlled environment that is not accessible by the public. Given the nature of the internet, the IDS Project Team cannot guarantee that transmission of data is absolutely secure. However, the IDS Project Team shall take all practicable steps to ensure that any information collected by the IDS Project Team via the IDS’s websites is safe and secure from third party interference.
Disclosure and Sharing of Information
Personal data held by the IDS Project Team will be kept confidential while the IDS Project Team may provide such information to:
- any advisor, auditor, agent, contractor or service provider who provides product, service or advice to us or our members in connection with our operation;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to us; or
any person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside Hong Kong.
You should note that the IDS Project Team has no control over the acts of any third party, the privacy protection stated in the Policy ceases to apply to any information which has been disclosed to a third party in accordance with the Policy. The IDS Project Team endeavors to deal only with responsible third parties but assume no responsibility for the privacy protection provided by such third parties.
The IDS Project Team may use your email address to contact you by email to provide you with further information about the IDS projects, our services and to promote our Websites. This may involve disclosing your Personal Data to our affiliates, associates, agents or appointed representatives.
Retention of Personal Data
Personal Data you provide to the IDS Project Team will be retained only for such period as may be necessary for the carrying out of the purposes referred to the Policy or as otherwise specified at the time of collection.
You have the right to request access to and (if appropriate) correction of personal data held by the IDS Project Team about you. If you have any questions or need further information about our privacy practices, please contact us at:
IDS Project, Hong Kong Shue Yan University
10 Wai Tsui Crescent, Braemar Hill Road
North Point, Hong Kong
Telephone: +852 2804 8554
Email Address: email@example.com
The IDS Project Team reserves the rights to vary or amend the Policy at any time at our sole and absolute discretion without prior notice. Any variations or amendments shall take effect upon posting of the updated version on the IDS’s websites.