Welcome to Centre for Interdisciplinary Evidence-based Practice & Research (CIEBPR)
Researchers are often asked to explain behaviours of individuals affected by life changes, to account for individual differences in responses to life events, and to devise and implement effective psychological and community interventions to assist individuals maintaining and returning to normal functioning. Evidence helps us understand what would be useful in intervention and what is not useful. Without reliable research generating high quality evidence we will not be able to answer some of the most important questions facing life changes and to determine the most appropriate intervention in management these changes. The Centre for Interdisciplinary Evidence-based Practice and Research provides an interdisciplinary collaborative platform for members to conduct, implement, and disseminate evidence syntheses. Our members come from a wide variety of disciplines at the Hong Kong Shue Yan University, including Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Business and Economics etc.
- To build capacities in interdisciplinary evidence-based practice and research through seminars, training workshops, and conferences,
- To develop new interdisciplinary research projects on evidence-based practice and research,
- To continue current research projects on evidence-based practice and related-research,
- To disseminate research findings through academic publications, reports, and/or interviews with local and overseas media, and
- To network with interdisciplinary scholars from HKSYU, local and overseas universities/research institutes, and community partners through newsletters, invited/co-organized seminars, and invited/co-organized training workshops.
Prof Catherine Tang So Kum
Vice President (Graduate School)
Distinguished Professor of Psychology