Outstanding Interdisciplinary Research Proposal Award 2022-2023
Event type: Competition
- To foster an atmosphere of interdisciplinary research among undergraduate and postgraduate students by rewarding innovative, feasible, and interesting research ideas.
- Both full-time and part-time Undergraduate and postgraduate students of HKSYU.
- The proposal must be an individual work and submitted by one student only.
- Students are welcome to consult a member of the teaching staff about their proposal, but this is not required by the application.
- Up to two undergraduate and two postgraduate cash prizes of $5,000HKD each with a certificate of excellence.
- If the awardees would like to carry out the research project, in addition to the cash prize, each team will be entitled to $5,000HKD-worth of student helper support under the CIEBPR.
- All participants will be given a certificate of participation.
- CIEBPR will match a suitable faculty member as the project advisor if the awardee would like to carry out his/her project.
Requirements and procedures:
- The awarded proposals should demonstrate: (a) interdisciplinary synergy, (b) innovativeness, (c) feasibility to be carried out in a reasonable amount of time, money and manpower, (d) good organisation and readability. Please see the rubrics here.
- Each proposal is required to fill in an online form (see the link below). The online form will ask for (a) the information about the applicant, (b) basic information about the proposal (e.g, title, disciplines), (c) the proposal.
- The application may be completed in English or Chinese.
- The word count for a proposal in English is 2,500, whereas one in Chinese is 2,000, excluding references. You may also attach up to 2 figures and/or tables (less than 10MB) with captions indicated on the proposal. English references should be in either APA 7th or MLA format and Chinese references should conform with the Academia Sinica (for reference, please see: https://www.ith.sinica.edu.tw/quarterly.php?l=c&no=2).
- Applicants need to declare that the proposal (a) has never been carried out as any research projects or assignments, (b) has never been submitted as any assignments or applications at any institutions or contests, and (c) is not currently considered as assignments or applications at any institutions or contests. Assignments include any assignments of coursework- or research-courses (e.g., final year project, thesis).
- Shortlisted proposals will be invited for a 30-minute presentation in the language of your proposal (Time and venue TBC).
- Applicant will solely own the idea of the proposal as well as the data and findings as a result of the proposal.
Due date (Extended):
- 28th April 2023 (Fri) 23:59.
- Please direct your inquiry to Mr Henry Ng of CIEBPR (email@example.com)